The History Project at UC Davis, the California Geographic Alliance, and the California International Studies Project are looking to recruit K-12 teachers to attend and actively participate in our new 2016-2017 GeoGlobal Inquiry Educator Network in the Sacrmento region to explore research and effective practices for teaching contemporary geography and global competence.
The Program requires participants to participate in four Saturday face-to-face meetings and four evening online meetings. As a result, participants will:
- Receive a $500 stipend and 30 hours of professional development (continuing education credits will be available for an additional fee)
- Earn the National Geographic Teacher Certificate
- Develop knowledge and instructional practices for effective teaching and learning
- Contribute to inquiry-based curriculum development
- Share resources, ideas, and instructional assessment practices
Collaborate with colleagues to develop regional network in support of geography and global education programs